Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Visionaries often see the wonderous panorama alone.

I have been blogging and doing more blogging about the trends I see moving to the online distribution of film on the internet for some time. When I sit with someone who thinks they are an authority and they haven't got a clue what I am talking about, I just smile and think to myself, you should have listened to me when you had the chance.
I don't need permission to do anything I want to do and regardless of what the self appointed experts think we are going to make this an effective business model that will be pioneering a way to profitable entertainment for the independent.
I know that if enough people get involved in the fund raising and production parts of creating a project then they will have a vested interest in helping promote the film to all their friends and we will be successful.
I have been working extra hard lately to push past the opinions of others. I know they haven't done the research that I have done and come to the projections I have so don't think less of them just am aware that I am operating from different data.
Many people would love to be involved in the film industry, but don't think they have the means, be it capital to invest or experience on the set or as a writer.
But we are going to change all that and give the fans an opportunity to be involved at whatever level they want to be or can afford.
I have a new business plan under development that outlines how a cashless investment of one hundred dollars can add up to enough guarantee notes to get funding for a feature film in New Mexico.
There are some great programs here that give a filmmaker an opportunity to shoot on a budget that he may not have been able to anywhere else.
State loans and refunds for expenditures in the state are a few of the things that make this the time and the place to shoot.
Couple that with the online distribution model I have outlined elsewhere and the collaboration of hundreds if not thousands of people and you have something that has never occurred before.
A panacea of opportunity for the filmmaker that can see the opportunity and seize it.
So I still shout from the rooftops and am looked at like the local crazy.
Now I have nearly completed a feature script for production and I have other friends with scripts ready to shoot.
We are almost there.
Waht we need now is attention and the right exposure to the ideas we are ready to shoot.
I created the collaborative to give people the opportunity to see first hand what I see as the future of entertainment. Where everyone has an opinion and even as a minor investor or group member can have a say in the final product.
What do you want to see on the screen?
Let's do that.


View my page on Sta.rtUp.Biz - The Small Business Social Network

No comments: